Preparing for Your Move to Nashville
Don’t start packing without a plan! Follow these tips to prepare for your move to Nashville and make it memorable. With the excitement of moving, you may be eager to dive in and start packing. That’s great! But don’t start packing without a plan; follow these helpful tips to make your move easier and smoother.
One of the best things about moving to Nashville is its location. Whether you are coming for a short-term or long-term move, it is essential to realize that Nashville is a ‘city on the rise in many ways, from the music and entertainment industry to the public interest in green living and sustainability.
If you have difficulty moving into your Nashville apartment after you’ve considered all of your options, Here’s some tips and tricks about living in Nashville.
1. Choose a neighborhood close enough to major transit lines but still close enough to walk. Living too close to transit can deter you from walking into town and exploring. Off-street parking helps support local businesses and makes life easier.
2. Don’t forget to get a TV. Most households have at least one TV, which is now more popular than ever. Without one, you may feel like you are missing out on events or socialization opportunities.
3. Consider how much time you will spend in your apartment. If the answer is four hours a day or more, don’t forget your kitchen utensils! Small appliances (including a coffee maker) will help you save room in your kitchen and make cooking easier and quicker.
4. Think about what kind of space is around the apartment itself (i.e., apartments that back up to train tracks may not be ideal). As a resident, do you prefer to live by the office or next to the nightclub? Do you like a view of nature or a nice neighborhood?
5. Consider your needs for storage space: do you need to fit all of your furniture in one place? Would a storage facility be easier for your specific needs? A storage unit can help keep expenses down and lend itself well to military personnel or freelancers. In addition, having storage space available during the move provides ample opportunity for additional organizing!
6. If you are moving from one city to another, consider using a moving company because there is no way you would be able to move everything into one apartment yourself.
7. Try to make your apartment feel like home by looking at local home decor stores, websites, magazines, and catalogs. You can find great ideas for furniture, accessories, and decorative items that will give you an easy place to start and add a nice touch of familiarity.
8. Consider getting professional help with these tasks or letting professionals know you are looking for local movers. Professionals in the community will be highly motivated to help you out and will be able to assist you with all of your moving needs from beginning to end!